NEET Seat Reservation and Admission to MBBS/BDS. NEET 2019 Reservation for State/Defence Quota and Other Reserved Categories An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing reservation policy. NEET Reservation policies and criteria are applicable for 15 % All India Quota (AIQ) seats as per Government of India norms. On the other hand, criteria for reservation in state quota seats is subject to the rules of the state governing body/counselling authority. NEET Seat Reservation and Admission to MBBS/BDS. To claim seats under reserved categories through NEET, candidates must satisfy additional criteria specified in the official notification.
CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank
Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Now check more details for NEET Seat Reservation and Admission to MBBS/BDS from below….
NEET Seat Reservation and Admission to MBBS/BDS
- Registration closes on March 12, 2019. Apply Now!
- NIOS Candidates are now eligible to fill the application form for NEET 2019.
- Candidates from UR category aged above 25 years and those with Biology as an additional subject may also apply for the exam.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will be participating in All India Quota Counselling. Students from these two states no longer need to submit a self declaration form.
- Deemed Universities, Central Universities and seats of ESIC including BHU and AMU will follow the reservation criterion set by individual institutions and counselling will be done under the aegis of DGHS
Reservation under 15% All India Quota
The reservation of seats for 15% All India Quota is indicated in the table below:
|Category||Seats Reserved (Percentage)|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||27%|
Note: There is no reservation of seats for candidates from OBC-Creamy layer.
- Once the Result for NEET has been declared, a merit list for All India Quota (AIQ) will be released.
- All central, state and private colleges/universities will participate in All India Quota counselling through which 15% of the total seats will be filled.
- There will be 2 rounds of centralized counselling conducted by MCC.
- Students will have to register themselves on the official website of MCC for the same.
- As per latest notification, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana shall also participate in All India Quota Counselling from this year. Thus, they no longer need to submit a self declaration form.
- Candidates from J&K still need to submit a self declaration to take part in (AIQ) counselling. Read More
- Under the All India Quota, there is reservation of seats in medical colleges and dental colleges for SC, ST, OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates. Only those who meet the cutoff for NEET shall be eligible for counselling.
NEET Reservation for Physically Handicapped Candidates under AIQ
- 3% of the seats under AIQ are reserved for Physically Handicapped Candidates and will be available only to students with locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50%-70%.
- If these seats remain vacant, they will be made available to candidates with locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 40%-50%.
For admission under the Physically Handicapped category, candidates are required to produce a disability certificate issued from any of the following institutions, at the time of admission:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
(a) RESERVATION OF SEATS IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES UNDER 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA:
(i) 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
(ii) 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
(iii) 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as General.
(iv) 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category, as per Certificate of Locomotor Disability) in 15% All India UG quota seat. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling:
- a) Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- b) All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai- 400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- c) Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 (Tel No.033- 22235181)
- d) Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301) Reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website-www.mohfw.nic.in.
(b) ADMISSION IN STATE MEDICAL COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES/INSTITUTIONS/AFMC/PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES FOR SEATS OTHER THAN 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA.
(i) Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
(ii) The reservation of the seats in medical colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State/Union Territory concerned.
(iii) Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the State/Union Territory.
(iv) Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET – and also seeking admission in AFMC will also have to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in/ www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further details.
- NEET Merit List
- NEET Result
- NEET Question Papers
- NEET Answer Key
- NEET Application Form
- NEET Eligibility
- NEET Time Table
- NEETAdmit Card
If you have any query regarding “NEET Seat Reservation and Admission to MBBS/BDS” then please tell us via below comment box….