NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019, Check Eligibility for NEET 2019 Exam, NEET 2019 is the single medical entrance exam in India. It is compulsory to appear and qualify NEET in order to be determined for admission to MBBS/BDS. All medical and dental colleges in India that are recognized by MCI/DCI, except AIIMS and JIPMER offer admission only on basis of NEET score. CBSE is conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) – 2019 on 6th May 2019; the exam date has been recently announced. As per latest news, open school students are again considered eligible. Get here complete details of NEET 2019 including exam date, application form, syllabus, eligibility, exam pattern.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Students must be an Indian citizen. OCIs/NRIs/PIOs/FNs Students are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such Students are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National Students must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General Students) and 30 years (for OBC/SC/ST categories) on the date of exam.
- Examination: Students should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing Students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), Students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
If I am pursuing class 12 exam in the year 2019, am I eligible to apply?
Yes, students who are appearing in qualifying examination in 2019 can also appear in CBSE NEET UG 2019. However, their admission will be subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria at time of admission.
Can candidates older than 25 years of fill NEET 2019 application form?
Age limit for NEET 2019 exam is a controversial and debated issue. As per the previous year information brochure, age limit set for NEET exam is 25 years for unreserved category students, and there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST, OBC category students. However, there has been much chaos on this matter and the age limit was temporarily removed in the previous year. There are high chances that age limit will be applicable this year. The final verdict in this regard is expected from the government by January.
- Every Students must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2019 of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for Students seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as on 31st December, of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the Students of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Students who belong to the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for the 15% all India quota seats. Students of these states can appear in NEET only to get admission in AFMC, Pune.
- Overseas citizens of India (OCI) Students can also apply for the NEET.
- There is no limit to attempt AIPMT.
- The upper age limit for Students seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- Students have to obtain 50% marks in PCB taken together for General Category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC, 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of Students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Students. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2019 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J &K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. However, they are eligible to appear in NEET-II for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.