CAT 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Result, Admit Card. It is also known as Common Admission Test. It is a national level examination administrated by the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) on rotation basis. CAT 2019 is organized by the IIM, Calcutta. All you MBA aspirants out there!! Started preparing for CAT 2019 but still confused about various aspects of examination? Here’s your brief guide to Cat 18 CAT (Common Admission test) is a national level management aptitude test conducted IIMs primarily for admission to management programmes they offer.
Before proceeding with the registration date and syllabus let’s have a look on the eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT Exam
CAT Exam Important Dates
The official CAT 2019 dates are mentioned below:
|Advertisement released||29th July 2019|
|Online registration starts||8th August 2019|
|Last date for registration||19th September 2019|
|Application correction||4th to last week of September 2019|
|Admit card release||24th October 2019 onwards|
|Mock Test Release||October 2019|
|Exam date||25th November 2019|
|Answer key & question paper release||1st week of December 2019|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2019|
|Result announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2019
The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in this test are as follow:
- Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD Students.
- Appearing Students: Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
How to apply online for CAT 2019?
- CAT aspirants need to apply online by registering on the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in. Various details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email, address etc are to be provided at the time of registration.
- After registration, they will receive their log in credential using which they can log into their accounts and apply.
- Now access the application form from your account and start filling in the details. Upload necessary documents, picture (passport sized), PWD/DA certificates, NC-OBC/SC/ST certificates and signature as directed.
- Don’t forget to give in your city preference. Maximum 4 can be given.
- Make online payment of the registration fee of Rs. 1600/- for general category while Rs. 800/- for OBC categories.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern of CAT 2019:
- There will be not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- Students may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The CAT syllabus will comprise of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The application fee is Rs. 1900/- for General / NC-OBC Students.
- SC/ST /PWD Students are required to pay Rs.950/- as an application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
Marking Scheme in CAT Exam–
- For each correct answer: +3 Marks
- For each incorrect answer: -1 Marks
Admission to IIMs may include written ability test (WAT), group discussions (GDs) or personal interview (PI) as the second level entrance test only after you have successfully cleared CAT!
CAT 2019 Score Card
CAT Score card of all Students will be available at the official website of CAT i.e. available at www.iimcat.ac.in and Students will be also intimated regarding the same by Email and SMS. CAT Score card will be possibly available at its official website in the month of January, 2019.
CAT Admit Card 2019
As per our Past Analysis we expect that CAT admit Cards for 2019 exams are available from November 2019, Keep visit to our site for more updates…
CAT Exam Pattern
Students can check the CAT exam pattern from below:
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|