GATE 2019, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Application, Dates. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India exam for testing the understanding of undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology in any chosen discipline. The exams are conducted in 22 subjects. These exams are conducted each year by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the seven IITs at the behest of the National Co-ordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Each institute takes turns in organizing the exam. In 2019, the exam is expected to be organised by IIT Rourkee and IIT Delhi. It is accepted as one of the toughest exams to crack in India and by a few universities abroad. Its popularity has grown ever since 2012, when Indian companies recognized its importance and listed it as one of the criteria for applying for jobs. As of today, a GATE score is mandatory for while applying to thirty-six companies A-grade Indian companies.
GATE 2019 Eligibility
A student desirous of appearing for the GATE exam must have completed his/her undergraduate degree or must be in the final year of his/her program. Candidates in the final year of their programs have to show their passing certificate at the time of document verification. Students pursuing their Masters can also appear for this exam and apply for PhD.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
Here, we have updated official schedule for GATE entrance exam 2019.
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||1st September 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||21st September 2019|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||16th November 2019|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2019|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after examination|
|Announcement of Results||16th March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt: Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Duration: Exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
New Changes Introduced this Year:
There are some major changes has been done for the GATE 2019 examination, which are mentioned below:
- The GATE 2019 examination will be conducted for total 24 papers. A new paper Statistics(Code – ST) has been added.
- Students will also get an opportunity to submit the application form after the due date.
- IIT, Madras is the conducting authority of GATE 2019 examination.
GATE 2019 Application Form
Candidates have to visit the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website and apply. This website is usually activated after the official notice for GATE 2019 is released. After entering your GOAPS ID and password, you have fill the form and choose the exam paper you wish to appear for and centre. You then have to upload scanned images of all the required documents and your signature. Remember – GOAPS is a single window that will take you through GATE from application, admit card of GATE-2019, result of GATE-2019 and score card of GATE-2019.
GATE 2019 Registration Process
- Step 1 – Visit on GATE 2019 official website gate.iisc.ernet.in.
- Step 2 – After Visit on Official Website Please Enter details asked in the GATE 2019 registration form such as name of Candidate , date of birth of Candidate, Active email ID and mobile number.
- Step 3 – Upload your scanned images such as photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Candidates also have to upload certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate and/or Dyslexic certificate (if applicable).
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam cities as examination centres.
- Step 4 – Now Pay the application fee as suitable to the category, which completes form submission.
- Step 5 – Now take print out of your application or save a local copy in your computer for future Reference
GATE 2019 Fees and Payment
Male candidates in the General or OBC categories have to pay Rs.1500 for registration. Women and candidates belonging to the SC, ST and PwD categories need to pay Rs.750 for registering. The payment can be remitted online or SBI I-collect or Axis Bank I-Connect. In addition, the payment can be remitted via the E-Challan facility in any CBS branch of SBI or Axis Bank.
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20|
- There will be no age limit criteria to apply.
|Qualifying Exam||Description about Qualifying Exam||Description of Eligible Candidates||Passing Year|
|B.Tech/BE/B.Pharm||4 years Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 examination.
3 years Bachelor’s degree holders after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Arch||5 years Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science after Post diploma.
4 years Bachelor’s degree in Science after 10+2.
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed.||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||4 years Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed.||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5 years Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc/Integrate BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc.
5 years Integrated BS-MS programme.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (example: AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Note: Candidates, those complete/appearing their qualifying exam from countries other than India, they must complete or in the final year of their 4 years bachelors degree in engineering/technology or 2 years masters degree in any relevant subjects in science.
GATE Syllabus 2019
GATE 2019 syllabus for each of the papers is different. GATE exam will be organized for 24 papers/subjects. The syllabus has been released by the conducting authority separately for each paper in a PDF format. These papers & detailed syllabus are:
- Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
- General Aptitude (GA): Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG): Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY): Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG): Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN): Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT): Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI): Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF): Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).