CAT 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Result, Admit Card. It is also known as Common Admission Test. It is a national level examination administrated by the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) on rotation basis. CAT 2019 is organized by the IIM, Calcutta. All you MBA aspirants out there!! Started preparing for CAT 2019 but still confused about various aspects of examination? Here’s your brief guide to Cat 19 CAT (Common Admission test) is a national level management aptitude test conducted IIMs primarily for admission to management programmes they offer.
Before proceeding with the registration date and syllabus let’s have a look on the eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT Exam
CAT Exam Important Dates
The official CAT 2019 dates are mentioned below:
|Advertisement released||29th July 2019|
|Online registration starts||8th August 2019|
|Last date for registration||19th September 2019|
|Application correction||4th to last week of September 2019|
|Admit card release||24th October 2019 onwards|
|Mock Test Release||October 2019|
|Exam date||25th November 2019|
|Answer key & question paper release||1st week of December 2019|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2019|
|Result announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2019
The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in this test are as follow:
- Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD Students.
- Appearing Students: Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
How to apply online for CAT 2019?
In this section, students can get information about CAT 2019 registration details such as starting date, fee, documents, etc.
- The registration window for the exam has been opened from the 8th August 2019 through onlinemode.
- students will register for exam till the 19th September 2019.
- Upload your images (Photogrpah Dimension: 30mm X 45mm, Size: not more than 80KB) and ( Signature Dimension: 80mm X 35mm, Size: not more than 80KB) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- At the time of registration, students must upload their category certificate (If belong to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD category).
- During registration, students also have to fill choices of four test cities as per their preferences.
- Take a print copy of CAT application form 2019 for further use.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern of CAT 2019:
- There will be not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- Students may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The CAT syllabus will comprise of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The application fee is Rs. 1900/- for General / NC-OBC Students.
- SC/ST /PWD Students are required to pay Rs.950/- as an application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
Marking Scheme in CAT Exam–
- For each correct answer: +3 Marks
- For each incorrect answer: -1 Marks
Admission to IIMs may include written ability test (WAT), group discussions (GDs) or personal interview (PI) as the second level entrance test only after you have successfully cleared CAT!
CAT 2019 Score Card
CAT Score card of all Students will be available at the official website of CAT i.e. available at www.iimcat.ac.in and Students will be also intimated regarding the same by Email and SMS. CAT Score card will be possibly available at its official website in the month of January, 2019.
CAT Admit Card 2019
As per our Past Analysis we expect that CAT admit Cards for 2019 exams are available from November 2019, Keep visit to our site for more updates…
CAT Exam Pattern
Students can check the CAT exam pattern from below:
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Answer Keys 2019
The answer key along with CAT question paper will be published in the first week of December 2019. students will get the CAT 2019 answer key only through online mode on the website.
students will challenge the answer key by filling objection form & submit it till the last date. The answer key & question paper can be checked through login by using user ID & password.
CAT 2019 Result
The result details including releasing date, mode, score card, etc are given here:
- students will view their results in the second week of January 2019.
- The list of shortlisted students for the next level of selection will be published through online mode on the website.
- CAT score card 2019 will be available through online mode on the official website.
- The Institution will also intimate the individual students by SMS.
- The scorecard will be valid for one year
- students can download the scorecard by entering User ID & Password.