DU Admission 2019: Delhi University is one of the most renowned universities in India which attracts a large student crowd every year. It is known to be the most sought institution for completing higher studies. DU has a vast faculty which offers admission to UG and PG courses. There are several courses for which DU admission will be done through an entrance exam, whereas some courses, admissions are based on the grounds of qualifying examination.
Delhi University Insight:
Delhi University provides 35,000 seats in the under-graduate programs and 5000 seats designated under Professional programs. Also, there is facility of central registration covering seats for Special Categories of Students in Regular Colleges. Every year Delhi University attracts the students not only from the national capital regions but from various states of North East, Bihar, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and others. The competition to acquire a seat in DU is intense and usually the cut-off marks are surging high.
The university has an environment which suits perfect for quality education. The best part is that, students are offered with a wide variety of courses. Also, the University has one of the leading numbers of Centers of Advanced Studies which have been recognized by the UGC. Some of these centers include: Botany, Economics, Chemistry, Sociology, Physics and Zoology. The faculty also holds excellent academic and research offerings. The Department of Anthropology, Philosophy, Buddhist Studies, Chemistry, Economics, Commerce, English, Geography, Financial Studies, Geology, History, Law, Genetics, Linguistics, Music, Mathematics, Plant Molecular Biology, Psychology, Political Science, Social Work, Sociology, as well as Statistics are rated under outstanding academic accomplishments.
It is a campus which is open for all and holds a major responsibility of training teachers as well as developing courses and curricula along with the development of e-learning materials. Students cherish studying in the various colleges which are spread out across Delhi and provide friendly campuses.
Let us focus on some of the important procedures which need to be fulfilled for getting admission into Delhi University.
UG Courses in DU
Undergraduate courses offered in DU include BA Program, BA (Honors), B Sc (Honors), B Sc (Pass), B Com , Bachelor of Fine Arts, BP Ed and BA (Vocational Studies) are available in various subjects like Hindi, sport sciences, physical education, Buddhist studies , Assamese, Bengali, Hindi journalism, linguistics, Urdu, statistics, music, operational research, Persian, Punjabi, philosophy, Sanskrit, mathematics, psychology, computer science, home science, polymer science and fine arts. International languages available include Spanish, French, Arabic, German and Italian. Social work, Food technology, sociology, political science, geography, economics, English and history along with regional language courses such Telugu, Sindhi, Assamese as well as Manipuri are also taught under the undergraduate program. There are further courses offered under applied life sciences and BA (Vocational Studies) programs which cover tourism management, marketing of insurance, office management, material management, marketing management, human resource management and retail business.
PG Courses Include:
Post Graduate programs such as M A, M Sc, M PE and post graduate diplomas are available in several streams. There are some latest post graduate programs initiated in Delhi university which are: M Sc food and Nutrition, design application and M Sc resource managemet. M Sc development communication, MA applied psychology, Master of physical education, MA history as well as one year PG diploma in molecular and biochemical technology is also available. Moreover, post graduate diploma in computer sciences can also be pursued in Delhi University.
DU Pre-Admission Form
The common pre-admission form is made available for GEN/OBC/ST/SC/PWD candidates. This application form can be filled both online and offline. It is important to note that there is a different form for GEN/OBC candidates and for SC/ST/PWD category students. There are designated centres from where the information brochure and form can be availed. Once the form is filled, you can submit it to any of the centres. Do not forget to access the acknowledgement to keep as a proof of the submission of your admission form. Keep a note that, this form is only available for the various courses that do not require an entrance exam for clearing.
DU Reservation Criteria
- 5% seats designated for SC & ST students.
- OBC seats are reserved with a percentage of 27%.
- PwD seats include 3% share.
- Armed Forces: 5% share in all courses.
- Foreign Students: 5% seats for foreign candidates.
- Sports/ECA: A maximum of 5% seats in each college.
- Kashmiri Migrants: 5% seats reserved course-wise in all colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for DU Entrance Exams 2019
BMS/B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics/BBA (FIA):
- The Candidate has to pass/appear 12th examination by acquiring 60% in four papers including Mathematics, English and other two subjects mentioned in the list of elective subjects which are approved by the Delhi University (Minimum of 55% for PwD, CW, SC and ST categories).
- Candidates applying for improvement in the year 2019 are not counted eligible for admission.
- Candidates applying for improvement in 2019 shall not be eligible for admission.
- Tech (Information technology & Mathematical Innovation):
- 10 + 2 examination including Mathematics.
- Minimum 60 % in four subjects with mathematics included, 57% for PwD/ CW category, 54% for OBC, and passing marks for SC/ST.
B.A. (Hons.) Humanities & Social Sciences:
- Passed /appearing the 10+2 examination.
- Minimum marks criteria valid as B. Tech (Information technology & Mathematical Innovation).
Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. EL. Ed.):
- 12th passed/appearing with 50% aggregate marks.
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.):
- 12th passed/appearing with minimum 45% aggregate marks (Aggregate marks will be calculated on the basis of one language and three best subjects).
B.A. (Hons.) Multi Media & Mass Communication:
- Minimum qualification required is 12th passed/appearing with 75% aggregate calculated through best four including 85% in English (for general category).
- This course is valid for only women candidates
The eligibility for PG Courses is based on the respective UG score which the candidate has acquired during his/her course period. Most of the PG courses in Delhi University also require the candidates to sit for an entrance test and is regarded as an important factor for admission.
DU Application Form 2019
Candidates trying to enroll for the UG courses for which an entrance exam is mandatory need to check for the application form details below:
- Registration will be managed through online mode only.
- The application form would be made available from the second week of May 2019.
- Candidates can apply for more than one UG course but remember that a separate application fee needs to be submitted for each.
- Applicants need to upload scanned images of passport size photograph, self attested ID proof, signature, self attested copy of caste certificate along with self attested copy of 10th passing certificate in prescribed format.
- The process of application submission will be completed once the payment of online registration fee is done.
*UG admission in four different streams, namely Arts/Humanities/Music and Fine Arts, Mathematical Sciences, Commerce and Sciences managed under different faculties will be processed through merit drawn on the basis of qualifying examination. The admissions in these courses will initiate from filling the DU admission forms 2019. Also, there will be a common pre-admission form for all courses.*
DU Exam Pattern 2019
The examination pattern is indeed different according to the course. For every course, there will be separate question paper.
- Mode of Examination: The answers need to be marked on Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet.
- Subjects: For every course, there are separate subjects from which the questions will be asked.
- Type of Questions: For UG and PG courses the question paper will include objective type questions (except foreign languages including Persian which involve short answer questions).
- Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For UG courses, for every correct answer 4 marks would be credited.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Important Dates for UG DU Admission 2019
UG Admission (through entrance exam): (Tentative)
- Start of Online Registration: 2nd week of May 2019
- End of Online Registration: 4th week of May 2019
- Exam Date: 3rd week of June – 4th week of June 2019
- Announcement of Result: 1st week of July 2019
- UG Admission (based on merit of qualifying exam):
- Online Registration Initiates from: 1st week of June 2019
- End of Online Registration: 4th week of June 2019
- First Admission List: 4th week of June 2019
For PG courses:
|Registration Start date||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of registration||Last week of April 2019|
|Date of PG exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|Answer key publication||2nd week of July 2019|
|Result announcement||1st week of July 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August 2019|
For B.Tech courses:
|Online admission form availability||Last week of June 2019|
|Last date for submitting admission form||Last week of April 2019|
|Date of admission||In the month of May 2019|
DU Entrance Exam for Admission 2019
Various DU affiliated colleges provide admission in their offered courses through the entrance exam. Each college conducts its own entrance exam for which candidate has to appear in order to get admission. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam to get admission.
|Courses||DU Affiliated Colleges|
|Bachelor with Honours/B.Tech in Music||Indraprastha College for Women, Hindu College, Miranda House (W), Ramjas College, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, Daulat Ram College(W)|
|B.Pharma||Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Research|
|B.Tech/B /B.Tech (Humanities)/ B.S. in Innovation with Mathematics & IT||Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi|
|Bachelor with Honours/ B.Tech in Management Studies||B.R. Ambedkar College, Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Maharaja Agrasen College, College of Vocational studies|
|B.H.M.S||Nehru Homeopathic College|
|B.A.M.S/B.U.M.S||Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing||Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing|
|B.E.||Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology|
|B.P.Ed.||Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Science|
|B.EI.ED||Miranda House(W), Jesus & Mary College (W), Gargi College(W), Aditi Mahavidyalaya(W), Shyama rasad Mukherji College (W ), Mata Sundari College(W), Institute of Home Economics (W), Lady Shri Ram College for Women|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||Pt. Deen Dayal Institute of Physiotherapy, Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||Pt. Deen Dayal Institute of Physiotherapy|
|BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||College of Fine Arts|